MEDIEVAL NECROPOLIS (1195-1212) CALATRAVA LA VIEJA (CIUDAD REAL)
18-25 July 2015.
The course, organized and managed by NRT, Arqueólogos S.L., has a highly practical character – participants will perform all activities in relation of excavation of the human remains from islamic (almohad) necropolis of Calatrava la Vieja (Carrión de Calatrava, Ciudad Real).
Knowing the different contexts in which human bones can be found and excavated.
Know the current legal framework for the treatment of human bones.
Understand the role of the archaeologist and physical anthropologist from the excavation in field to the study in the laboratory.
Knowing the main parameters, that has to be taken in account, in order to make a correct anthropological and paleopathological dossier of a burial.
Understand the use of tools applicable to the anthropological study, both in the field and in the laboratory.
Learn about the different natural mummification processes in different archaeological contexts.
Learn the ways in which the composition of the substrate affects the conservation of the remains.
Learn the strategy, procedures and techniques of archaeological excavation of both burials and cremations.
Learn about funeral rituals in different cultures.
MANEGMENT OF COURSE:
- Dr. Jesus Herrerín Lopez, Physical Anthropologist, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Dr. Manuel Retuerce Velasco, Archaeologist, Faculty of Geography and History, University Complutensede Madrid.
MANEGMENT OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL EXCAVATION:
- Dr. Jesus Herrerín Lopez. Physical Anthropologist, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Dr. Manuel Retuerce Velasco, Archaeologist, Faculty of Geography and History, University Complutense de Madrid.
- Lic. Miguel Ángel Hervás Herrera, Archaeologist.
DATE: 7-days course: July 18 – July 25, 2015.
PRICE: 7-days course: € 690
DEADLINES FOR REGISTRATION AND RESERVATION:
With DISCOUNT: Payment terms of the course: 10% off the total price (69 Euros) if the registration and payment of the reservation fee (100 EUR) is made before the March 31. The rest of the course (590 EUROS – 69 EUROS = 521 EUROS) may be paid in instalments or all at once before June 30, 2015.
Number of participants: 16 students.
Location of accommodation: Carrión de Calatrava (Ciudad Real). Teaching expenses, meals, lodging, insurance and travel to the site from accommodation are included in the price and shall be borne by the Organization. Price does not include the cost of transport to Carrión de Calatrava.
- Morning: practical work on archaeological site Calatrava la Vieja.
- Afternoons: theoretical and practical classes in Calatrava la Vieja and Carrión
REGISTRATION AND INSCRIPTION:
1 / Complete the registration form on-line
2 / Send Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXECUTION OF REGISTRATION:
1 / Complete the Registration form online
2 / deadline for registration and reservation (100 €): 30. Jun 2015.
Bank account for revenues: NRT, Arqueólogos S.L., IBAN: ES98 0234 0001 0990 1559 1610, Banco Caminos. c /Almagro, 8. Madrid.
FOR MORE INFORMATION e-mail: email@example.com